Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pinterest

So most people today have heard of Pinterest. What some people may not know is the beauty of organization and the things that are even on the website.

What is Pinterest? Simply, a virtual pin board. A simple example is a girl planning her wedding, typically she would buy all the magazines, tear out her favorite pages, then put them in a notebook. Imagine that online. She could browse her favorite websites and "pin" her favorites to her board. Or if she does magazines, simply snap a picture & upload it (no need for annoying notebooks when you can just get it on your phone/computer!)

There is another reason I love Pinterest... the unlimited knowledge of education materials. You can just search "Art Lessons" and find so many different ideas.  Here are some examples of my boards that I use to organize some education stuff as well as some other useful things.

 

 


Really and truly you can use Pinterest for anything. People use it for clothing and style, wedding planning, home redecorating, cute animals, anything. 

Some tips for using Pinterest:
  1. If you pin from a blog, make sure you click the blog post first. If you pin from the main page, eventually it will be harder to find the pin. But if you pin from the blog post you will always be able to find it.
  2. Keep your pins organized. I find that I will organize mine once every couple of weeks because one board may become so big that I decided to divid it into different things "Like I would put sewing stuff under DIY but eventually made my own Sewing board"
  3. Have fun! And find anything you want. I seem to find pins I love then go to the blog and love it too.
So please, if you haven't started, you must. Then make sure to follow me!



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment